Nives Celzijus, or the internet democracy

Generally, I write about serious things. The terminal decline of Croatian literature, the beauty of Dubrovnik, the economic crisis, language issues - you name it. Sometimes, a literary prize is awarded to a celebrity known for her unconventional sex life, Nives Celzijus. "Serious" literary critics subsequently showed their anger and a scandal was born. I dedicated a post to it. It went unnoticed I thought, like most things I write here (please allow me some self-pity). Therefore it was a kind of shock to me to see what people were actually looking for when visiting Croatian Crescent. The number one search term is, believe it or not, "nives celzijus naked". This is the top 10:

1. nives celzijus naked
2. dubrovnik murder
3. Nives Celzius Naked
4. ikea graz
5. Ikea zagreb
6. slovenian partisans
7. nives celzijus nude
8. meštrović “Seljaci”
9. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you in croatian
10 ikea zadar

Apparently some people looking for nude pictures of Nives Celzijus prefer capital letters. As they left out the "j" in Celzius (required, as Slavic languages are largely phonetic) I suspect they are Germans. By coincidence, the much wanted pictures of Nives can be found in a magazine with a title in capitals.
FHM in Germany has everything you want to see of Celsius ("die schönste Spielerfrau der Bundesliga") and I am not even going to try to compete with their photo's. I close the Celzijus case by saying that her fan club (i.e. certain visitors or this weblog) is truly international: from Italy, Ireland, Germany and Belgium to Peru. Should husband and Karlsruhe footballer Dino Drpić ever play for a club in another country, a red carpet will be laid out for the couple.

4 reacties:

Unknown said...

I've just discovered your blog (NOT for Nives Celzius I swear! ;)
It's very interesting
Pozdravi iz Italije i sretan uskrs!

Mark said...

Sretan uskrs i tebi! By the way, Nives Celzijus fans are also very welcome on this blog.

Unknown said...

Hvala Borise!

Mark said...

Nema na čemu.